As we age, choosing the right hairstyle becomes increasingly important to flatter our changing features and lifestyle needs. This is particularly true for women over 60 who wear glasses. Fortunately, there are numerous short haircut options available that can enhance their facial features while being low-maintenance. In this article, we will explore some of the best short hairstyles for women over 60 with glasses and provide tips on how to properly care for them.
The pixie cut is a popular hairstyle option for women over 60 with glasses. The short, tousled hair in this cut adds volume and a youthful look to the face, while the bangs can be styled so they don’t tangle with the glasses. Here are some variations of the pixie cut:
- Classic Pixie : Short on the sides and slightly longer on top, this version is ideal for those who want an easy-to-maintain hairstyle.
- Tapered Pixie : With longer layers on top and very short sides, this cut adds a touch of originality and modernity.
- Pixie with asymmetrical bangs : By opting for longer bangs on one side of the face, this cut creates an elegant and sophisticated look.
Tips for maintaining a pixie cut:
- Wash your hair every other day : this avoids drying it out and will help retain its natural texture.
- Use suitable styling products : Apply a small amount of gel or wax to your hands and work through your hair with your fingertips to set the texture.
- Get regular touch-ups : It’s important to have your cut refreshed every 4-6 weeks to maintain its shape and style.
The pixie cut is another great option for women over 60 with glasses. This short, layered hairstyle creates a chic and androgynous style , while being easy to maintain. Depending on the shape of your face and your personal tastes, you can opt for a more classic or more daring version of the boyish cut:
- Boyish with sharp edges : With straight lines and a slightly tapered fringe, this version brings a touch of understated elegance.
- Unstructured boyish : By incorporating strands of different lengths, this cut creates a modern and dynamic look.
- Boyish with thick bangs : If you have an oval or elongated face shape, thick bangs can add character to your boyish cut.
Tips for maintaining a boyish cut:
- Moisturize your hair regularly : using a nourishing conditioner will prevent it from becoming dry and brittle.
- Brush them daily : this will eliminate knots and distribute the natural oils throughout the length of your hair.
- Refresh your cut every two months : this will ensure that your hairstyle stays well trimmed and structured.
For those who wish to adopt a short and original hairstyle, the Bob cut is a daring option. This cut consists of hair cut at the level of the ears and rounded around the face , thus forming a circular silhouette. Here are some variations of the bob cut:
- Classic bob cut: Ideal for women with fine hair, this cut adds volume around the face and creates a timeless look.
- Asymmetrical bob cut: by cutting the hair shorter on one side than the other, this version brings a touch of originality to the traditional cut.
- Bob with tousled bangs : To soften the circular outline of the hairstyle, slightly messy bangs can be added.
Tips for maintaining a Bob cut:
- Protect your hair from heat: Using a heat protectant before drying or styling your hair will prevent heat damage.
- Bet on volumizing products: apply a volumizing mousse on your roots to give body to your bob cut.
- Do regular touch-ups: it is recommended to have your cut refreshed every 4 to 6 weeks to maintain its rounded shape.
In sum, women over 60 with glasses have several options of short haircuts that can highlight their face and suit their lifestyle . Do not hesitate to consult a hairdressing professional to determine which cut will best suit your body type and your personal tastes.